Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help!

• Please log in to reply

chickenbear

chickenbear

• Pip
  • 7 posts
HELP ME! :) couple weeks ago. i think last week. i pressed delete software/add software. and saw some soundmax thing on there. i didnt think it was important so i deleted it! i think its cause of that that now my speakers wont work! i mean when i turn em on they make that lil BOOP noise like u kno the lil speakers sssssssssssss noise they make but it wont play any music or any real sounds... idk what to do.!!! help please!

Advertisements

Donutdan4114

Donutdan4114

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
You have uninstalled the drivers of your soundcard. You must find out what model card you have (or the computer you have) and search for the drivers online... What kind of computer do you have, or is it custom built? Do you know the make/model of your sound card? You can always go into your device manager to locate the sound card. Click on your Start button, and go to the run box. Type in " devmgmt.msc" without quotes, and select okay. In the device manager locate your "sound, video and game controllers". Open up that tree, and find your audio device. Double click on it. Go to the driver tab, and select update driver... When you click update driver, make sure you have it look online... If that does not work, post the name of your sound card here. Hope this helps!

chickenbear

chickenbear

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
how do i know what sound card i have??

chickenbear

chickenbear

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
im not really good with computer types.. only typing.. but its a DELL computer with microsoft XP

Donutdan4114

Donutdan4114

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Well, try this... Go to this page http://www.yournewdr..._Audio_4746.htm and in the section where it says "Dell SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Windows driver" download that file... You'll want to save it onto your computer... Then, you will want to run the file. Then a message will pop up saying "Where do you want these files extracted to?" Just pick any location... Then, once you do that, a new window will appear that will ask you to install the software... Try installing the software. I have no idea if this will work, since I dont know the model of your computer. Although, once you try this make sure you restart your computer... IF the sound still does not work, post the model of your computer on here. ex: dimension 4400, inspiron 1501, etc... Good luck.

Donutdan4114

Donutdan4114

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Another thing you can do, is to restore your computer to a previous time. All you have to do is, go to your start menu, programs, accessories, system tools, and then click on system restore. What this program does, is it rolls back your computer to a previous time... All programs that you have uninstalled and installed, are then put back the way they work like... a month ago. Okay, so once you get into the restore dialog box, click on "choose a different restore point". That lets you choose when you want to go back in time. Anyway, what you wanna do, is choose a date to go back to, BEFORE you unistalled your sound driver. You can go back a week, a month, or around 2 months. Once you have selected the date, just continue. It will tell that you are going to restore your computer, and that none of your data files will be affected. Then, your computer will restart, and 5 minutes later, voila!!! Your sound should be there.

chickenbear

chickenbear

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i tried the link u posted.. everything was going fine when soundmax finished installing it saided ERROR DRIVER NOT FOUND! reboot your computer.

chickenbear

chickenbear

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
system restore thing is too far bak i cant.

chickenbear

chickenbear

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
dell dimension 3000

Donutdan4114

Donutdan4114

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Download this http://support.dell....p;fileid=122481 install it... audio should work

chickenbear

chickenbear

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thank you! it worked! OMG THANK YOU!

Donutdan4114

Donutdan4114

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Not a problem. Just remember that when you have a problem like that, just let us know what kind of computer you have first thing. Its always easier knowing what kind of computer you have. Anyway, you're welcome... Enjoy!