Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD-RW/DVDCombination Drive

• Please log in to reply

John W.

John W.

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was using my CD-RW drive and when I exited I could not get the CD drawer to open. I had to use"paper clip" to get drawer open. I restarted the computer and drive drawer works (opens & closes) when no disc is installed but if I install a disc the drive won't work and I can't eject the disc (drive drawer won't open). Any comments and/or suggestions?

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Can you open the drawer by right clicking on the drive and click eject?

Does it do this with all disks or just rewriteable disks, some drives don't eject cdrw's with pushing the button and you have to use the eject method, I have never seen cdr's do this though.

Have you recently switched cd brands maybe that could be it.

Hope this helps some

Rick