Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video problem

• Please log in to reply

wen9x88

wen9x88

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
i open a vidieo "animation",i can play the video,i can hear the sound.
but i cant see anything in the video player.
and i try to play others video with others player.
but i only can hear the sound and cannot see the video.
anyone know fix this problem?

Advertisements

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
What media players have you tried, and what type of file is it (Right click and go to properties, it will tell you)? It could be that they all need to be updated or something. I would suggest trying it in VLC media player, as it seems to be able to play any video.

If this is still failing, it may be worth thinking if you _know_ the file actually has images. It may just be an audio file?

wen9x88

wen9x88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
VLC media player,window media player,storm player,realone player,and the video format is Windows Media Audio/Video file

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Here is an article by Marc Liron, MSMVP on Windows Media Player and Codecs (specifically WMP 9 but much of the info is valid for later WMP releases as well). Ignore the ads and pitches to buy things, that's how Marc makes a living, but the article itself is very informative with some excellent links to additional information and codecs.

http://www.updatexp....a-player-9.html