First up, here's my system specs:
Asus P5K LGA775 Motherboard
Intel Core2Duo (can't remember exactly what one, will amend when I find out)
Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS
2GB Patriot DDR2 800 Ram
I recently tried upgrading my bios to the latest version as I was planning on doing some minor overclocking, and noticed that they refined the process on some later versions. I used the ASUS Upgrade Tool to flash the bios to the latest version, everything went through (Erased, Flashed and Verified) perfectly, and it came up Reboot to complete, so I pressed okay, and the computer shut down and restarted. However, from there nothing happened. It shut down completely, the screen went blank, and then nothing. The screen came up with 'No Signal', and from what I can tell, the computer isn't actually booting.
I've tried completely disconnecting power, and then plugging it all back in, and turning it on. The lights come on, the fans all start spinning (Case, CPU and GPU fans), the HDD light comes on for a couple of seconds, and turns off. The DVD Drive does it's usual boot up spin. But the screen stays blank, and nothing further happens to boot up. No HDD activity, no DVD Drive activity. Nothing.
I've tried the following:
- Unplugged mobo power cords, and replugged them in firmly.
- Taken out RAM sticks, swapped them around, and put only one in.
- Unplugged DVD Drive completely (it's still unplugged).
- Reset the CMOS by removing the battery and changing the jumper from 1+2 to 2+3 for 30secs, and then putting it back to 1+2.
- Unplugged absolutely everything, and left only the monitor plugged in (just to see if any peripherals were causing problems).
- Removed the Graphics Card from the PCI-E slot and putting it back firmly.
Unfortunately, non of the above have made any difference what-so-ever.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Give me a yell if you need any more info. Thanks.