Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HardDrive Has No More Space

• Please log in to reply

Carmine RJNL

Carmine RJNL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Okay, I moved the System Restore Disk Space down to 6%, up to 3.26 GB now. A lot better then from what it started. :tazz:

XP Home Edition was once on it.
XP Pro Edition has been reinstalled onto it several times, and everytime it has been installed the freespace has been decreasing even though there is barely anything on that particular drive.. I don't know what it's doing but I think some reminants of the old OS is still there from the past. There has to be an explination for the usage of this space that is not shown.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
yes there likely is....

two things come to mind

former profiles that are not accessible by your system now and old system restore points.....

the question is how to get at them...

I need to hit the hay because my brain has turned to mush, but in the meantime, do you have an actual windows cd (sounds like you do).

I see a bart's pe disk in our future....

g'night.

Carmine RJNL

Carmine RJNL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
There were hidden profiles from the past, which I have deleted the ones that I could access. At least 4 profiles were deleted. Thank you for your help this day/night, you have been so much help.

Good night, best regards.
And no.. I do not have a CD copy of windows. Legally anyways. ::shame::

Edited by Carmine RJNL, 22 April 2005 - 09:12 PM.

Carmine RJNL

Carmine RJNL

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I did some more to it last night and I got it down to 4.05GB free space :tazz: If you still have any other suggestions i'm more than willing to try.