Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

only some pages of the internet will open

• Please log in to reply

slyn61

slyn61

• Pip
  • 1 posts
websites as this one are working but not all are. I have been on the phone with dell, my isp, and now I have reset my computer to the orignal state it was in with system restore, nothing is fixing this issue. I can't seem to open certan sites, my bank for example, or dell connect. I think it is a security problem but I can't figure it out. any ideas?

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
It's possible that the security level is too high. In Internet Explorer click Tools > Internet Options > Privacy. Default level should be set to Medium. If it's medium now try to lower it by pulling the slider down. See if it makes any difference.

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
It may be as well a problem with the absence of Flash. Maybe as well Internet Explorer has been set to defaultly not open pages with DirectX and such. You may try to download plug ins that the site may require. (This should be apparent when the page is loaded.)