Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Formatting problems

• Please log in to reply

neil_1821

neil_1821

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Wonder if anyone can help, i went to format my PC as usual, i went through the whole formatting with NTSC and it got to the end and said windows will now reboot.

After it rebooted it didnt continue with the setup but it started again, i tried removing the CD but it wouldn't continue and now it wont even boot from the CD so i dont know what else to try.

Currently running my hard drives in a RAID setup but i dont know if that makes any difference.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Neil, are you loading the RAID driver from a floppy when you get the prompt to Press F6? Most likely required, but it depends on how old the mother board is.

neil_1821

neil_1821

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes i was loading the RAID driver from the floppy by pressing F6 but the second time i tried it, it wouldn't boot from the CD.

Apparently my computer wasn't picking up my CD drive and one of my hard drives had broken completley so i took the one out that was broken, changed the settings in the BIOS and it seems to have worked. So i'm hoping that was the only problem.

Cheers
:)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Mantra of a computer repair tech.

When all else fails, replace something! :)