Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Player Messes with Sound

• Please log in to reply

Orange Jacob

Orange Jacob

• Pip
  • 9 posts
OK, i Finally got Windows Media Player to work (thank you to those people who helped if your reading this!!). It worked for about 2 weeks. It worked fine. Then one day I started to play some music, then the sound was messed up. It sounded like how they would sound if it was too loud. Then when the band started to sing, I could not really hear it. I figured that something happened when I turned on the computer so I just restarted it then. Still happened. I must have restarted about 3 or 4 times. It still happened. The I thought that it might b the music files that was messing up. so I tried playing a music cd with Media Player. It still sounded bad. Then I went and tried almost everything I could with the speaker controls on the Control Panel. It still did not work. I even plugged in my headphones to see if it was the speakers. IT still happened!! By now I was really mad because I thought I was going to have to buy another Sound Card for my computer. The I thought that it might have been the Media Player. So I started playing a song through LimeWire. Then it worked fine. Nothing was wrong with the sound. So then I went onto MySpace and started playing some songs. Those worked fine also. I knew it was not the music files that were being played, because every single one that was on the Media player sounded like that. And I could listen to them fine on my MP3 player. It also does that same thing with Videos. The picture is fine, just the sound is messed up. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Orange Jacob,

The following link is to a page with list of possible fixes to Windows Media Player sound issues, see if it helps any:
WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player problems.

Regards,

Ax