Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I get rid of dell media experience

• Please log in to reply

Leprechauns

Leprechauns

• Pip
  • 8 posts
How do I reinstall Dell Media Experience. What disc is it on, and how do I extract it. My problem with Dell is ' each time I put a dvd in my pc it locks up, I press Ctrl Alt Del and I get the dell icon at the bottom. I right click on it and close it' then my pc comes back. Dell Media Experience dosent even work. Can you help. Thanks.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
To aid in uninstalling it, I would recommend either add/remove programs or try using pcDecrapafier

Windows Media Player 11 should be able to play your dvd's ok.

Leprechauns

Leprechauns

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

To aid in uninstalling it, I would recommend either add/remove programs or try using pcDecrapafier

Windows Media Player 11 should be able to play your dvd's ok.

Thank you .
I tried to uninstall it in the normal way, but it would not let me, said a file was missing' but would not say what file. I dont have any problem playing DVD's/ Its just that my system locks up when I put the DVD in. Then when i do the Ctrl Alt Del the dell icon comes on the bottom bar. I right click it and close it. Then my pc is ok. I tried what you said' but dell is not on the list.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, so lets look over a dell and see what I can find.

media repair utility

Or we could go into the startup config. Please go to Start, Run and enter msconfig
click on the startup tab. Look for Dell media experience. If you find it, the deselect the checkbox next to it. Exit from msconfig and restart the computer. See what happens when you go to play a dvd.

Path to it should be something like this: C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\dmx.exe

Leprechauns

Leprechauns

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

ok, so lets look over a dell and see what I can find.

media repair utility

Or we could go into the startup config. Please go to Start, Run and enter msconfig
click on the startup tab. Look for Dell media experience. If you find it, the deselect the checkbox next to it. Exit from msconfig and restart the computer. See what happens when you go to play a dvd.

Path to it should be something like this: C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\dmx.exe

Thank you again. no luck so far. All I found in msconfig was this (bldbubg C:\dell\bldbubg.exe)
I then tried Media repair utility, when I clicked on it I saved it to desk top. then clicked to install it, then NERO took over, it wanted to burn it to disc.

eriasan

eriasan

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I'd like to remove Dell Media Experience from my computer as well, but I'm afraid it will affect my computer; and other programs. Is it safe to remove it? I have an old Dell Dimension DIM 2400. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I'd like to get more memory for my computer it's at 2.56 MB, and it is slow (virtual memory problems) - I have a video converter and a lot of of other (software) programs on my PC and need more room. I'd like to find out the most inexpensive way to do this, and where I can purchase more RAM.

This is my first post so forgive if I've put this in the wrong place. Many thanks in advance...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try Pc Decrapifier HERE, it is should get rid of everything. let me know how it works