Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes error network connection

• Please log in to reply

semper.amabo

semper.amabo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
REPOSTED BY REQUEST

" I've been having this problem for a long time and only recently updated to 7.6 to find it doesn't work either. The uniqueness of my problem is that my computer has 4 different users on it, 2 admins and 2 regular, and my account is the only one having problems. I cannot access the itunes store at all with the message: iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. The network connection has timed out. All of the firewall, network connection, proxy, and firefox options are correct. It must be something unique to my file system to have an isolated effect. Also, when I sync my iPod (photo 40gb), none of my purchased songs will play, although the directory for it is still on the iPod itself, and whenever I connect it to the faltering computer, it completely erases everything but comes back given I allow it to die and recharge it after full power loss. Can anyone help me?"

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what happens if you sync under someone else's profile? What level of permissions do you have for your profile?

semper.amabo

semper.amabo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
When synced on other accounts, everything goes off without a hitch and all of my songs play, etc. My account has a moderate amount of permission; I can't download new hardware or makes changes that affect the whole computer or other users, but otherwise, I'm allowed to do anything.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well, there are two options. First try and see if your account can be granted admin rights. This is so we can test syncing. If it works, then we know its a permissions issue. IF it doesn't, then you may have a corrupted profile.

semper.amabo

semper.amabo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Alright. It seems out of those two choices, though, the corrupted profile is more likely because I was having the same problem when i was still an admin. I've been told that there is something wrong in the configuration of the music files, with the file created by iTunes to regulate everything. Does that need to be looked into?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
more likely you can just create a new profile to use. Or you can rename your existing profile (must be done under another account with admin rights). WHen you login the next time it will recreate your profile.