Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless network icon?

• Please log in to reply

key215

key215

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello all, well my laptop crashed so i used my backup windows xp disk to re install everything from afresh.....the problem is that now i dont have the means to access the internet again on my computer as the icon that is normally there is no longer. its the wireless network one where i normally double click on to see wireless networks in the area but its no longer there so cant connect at all??? ive looked under network connections in control panel but it says nothing about wireless networks??? please help what do i need to do now to activate my wireless connection and connect to my router??

many thanks in advance?

oh by the way when i google this problem....all suggest going into network connections and clicking on wireless network tab etc....the problem is this has gone and there is no mention at all about wireless connections.....the computer has built in wireless and it is turned on???

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
When you reinstalled XP, you did not reinstall your drivers for the wireless card.
Do you have a disc for the wireless adapter?
Please tell us what kind of computer you have.
After we get the INTERNET connected, we will have to go in to device manager and see what other drivers are missing.