Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fault appliction iexplore.exe

• Please log in to reply

cgjenkins

cgjenkins

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have been having trouble with a machine that built a few years agoe and it worked fine up until a few months ago. It was rebooting every few minutes, but I uncheck the restart box. Not I just get error nessages and IE closes. I have also had a couple of blue screens, somethin about a page fault in a non page area. I also get this message in the error logs:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. the bugcheck was:0x10000050 {0xe3198ff8,0x00000001, 0xf76dc112, 0x00000001). a dumpwas saved in c:\windows minidump\mini21708-06.dmp. when I tr to open the dump file it is in giberish.

I have reloaded the computer several times with windows XP (different disks) to no avail. Help please.

Advertisements

cgjenkins

cgjenkins

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hijackthis log deleted - If you believe you have a malware problem please follow these guidelines http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html if it is software related please continue here

Edited by Essexboy, 17 February 2008 - 07:11 AM.
Hijackthis log deleted

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
lets make sure its not your memory going bad...get memtest + here....
the lowdown is here...
if you have more than 1 stick of ram remove all but one and test it

if you have a floppy drive you can get the 6th one down ...set the bios to boot from the floppy drive A: first...then the cd drive then the Hard drive C:
or you can get the 2nd one down and burn the ISO file to a cd and then boot it from the cd drive...let memtest run for at least 2 hours...if it starts showing any errors during that time then you will have to replace the RAM...no errors after 2 hours just press Esc to end the tests and we will try some other tests

Edited by happyrck, 17 February 2008 - 07:49 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
1: Use the link in my signature and download microsoft memory diagnostic tool. Follow the instructions and create a bootable cd. Boot the computer with the cd and run the test for at least an hour. Please report if there are any errors.

2: Run checkdisk: Open My Computer, right click local drive c: > properties > tools > error checking > check now. Check the two boxes and click Start. You will be told to reboot to enable the process. Please reboot.

3: Go to Control panel > system > advanced > performance > settings > advanced > change (virtual memory). Check No Paging File > apply > OK. This will cancel all pagefile volume. Now repeat the process and click System Managed File. Confirm. This will recreate pagefile volume which will be managed by Windows.

4: Run disk cleanup and disk defragmantation.

5: Please report the hard disk volume and how much is left free. Also report memory (RAM) volume.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Following from a pinned thred here: Windows XP BSOD codes

Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

• If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

• Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.

cgjenkins

cgjenkins

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I don't have any recently installed hardware or applications on this machine. Basically it just hace an operating system on it because I have reloaded it several time trying to fix the pproblem.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What do you mean by saying that you reloaded xp a number of time. Did clean format (deleting old partitions, formatting to ntfs (not the quick format)?

cgjenkins

cgjenkins

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Full ntfs format of the OS drive. All data and applications are on different partitions, so They have stayed the same.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Have you done any of the tests suggested by myself and others in this thread? Please do and report the results.

In addition, download and install Sandra XII Lite (free). Click on tools and Burn-In Computer. Use the green arrow keys to navigate within the menu. Insert a fresh CD to the CD drive. Run the test 3 times (set in Count Down menu). The test can be quite long. On the top right-hand side there is an indicator that the program is running. Please report if there are any failures.

cgjenkins

cgjenkins

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I ran chkdsk it said everythig was ok. Windows freezes the computer, I downloaded auslogic defragger it gets to 98% and freezes. I have also been getting a series of blue screens with different messages but pointing to no one particular file. I am down loading sandra now to see how that works.