Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Purchasing a laptop and need some help

• Please log in to reply

Xhai

Xhai

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a laptop and have been searching the internet and local computer stores for a while now.

Basically I want some help and suggestions from people about good laptops and where to get them. The max I want to spend is $2000AUD (thats around $1800USD). It's mainly for general computer use, but I would like to be able to play the occasional new release game.

At the moment i'm leaning towards the HP Pavillion range. The link below looks very good to me and appears to have quite good reviews.

http://www.tigerdire....50151&CatId=17

There is an australian eBay store I came across that also has some very good deals:

http://stores.ebay.c...sie-Electronics

What do you guys think of these? Is there a better place to shop online for laptops? What do you recommend?

Basically I want the best possible laptop for $2000AUD!

Thanks heaps! :)

Xhai

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
For $1800.00 USC, you should be able to get a very good laptop.
I would buy from the manufacture, for warranty reasons.
HP does offer a good accident insurance that may be worth while for you to check in to.
The decision of what brand is up to you.
I like Toshiba laptops, some people swear by the Panasonic toughbook,...The list is long.