Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

soundcard - help!

• Please log in to reply

sofee

sofee

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey i was wandering if anyone could help me, i'm not great with computer stuff...
basically the sound on my laptops disappeared
heres how it happened:

i brought a new ipod, when i plugged it into my old itunes it said i needed to update it before i could use my ipod with it, so i went to update it but it said i couldnt update itunes unless i had XP service pack 2 (or something like that!) so i then upgraded by wondows to service pack 2
since doing this whenever i switch on my laptop it says my audio device is not compatible with my version of windows

what do i need to do? do i need a new soundcard?

Advertisements

MichWasHere

MichWasHere

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
hi sofee,

You would need to upgrade your audio drivers. The easiest way to do this is by going to the windows update webpage and checking under the drivers section once you have scanned for updates.

You can also see what your audio device is in your device manager then go to the manufacturer website for updated drivers.