Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dvd's won't play on laptop

• Please log in to reply

777rrr

777rrr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ever since i got my laptop last december running on windows vista, dvds haven't been able to play. when i try and play them on windows media player i get the message: Window's media player cannot play the file. the player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file. when i try to play dvds on the toshiba dvd player, i get a message saying the specific drive cannot be located. also, when i click on My Computer, the DVD isn't recognized. Sooo, how can i be able to play DVDs on my laptop???

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello 777rrr,

If the system is still under warranty, I'd call the manufacturer. You should be able to get it fixed through them, if nothing else they will help you troubleshoot it. If not, please let me know and we'll try a few things here.

Regards,

Ax