Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Strange noise coming from computer or speakers, I don't know!

• Please log in to reply

MegaGeek49

MegaGeek49

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
There is a very strange noise coming from my computer speakers every now and then. It's like a ticking noise ("ta ta - ta ta - ta ta"). I can't tell if it's coming from the speakers, the computer, the computer bass, what! It's just bugging me and the noise still doesn't stop even when i power down my computer. I was trying to sleep in my bed the other night, and the strange noise woke me up! I had to unplug the power cable so everything totally turned off, then it was fine, but it's just strange how even though i powered down my computer, the noise was still happening.

Any help so I can get this noise removed?

Advertisement

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello MegaGeek49,

The first thing you need to do is isolate exactly where the noise is coming from. Completely unplug your speakers from your computer and see if the noise still persists.

By the way, I'm moving this to the hardware forum.

Regards,

Ax

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
Do you have anything electronic that uses a wireless signal around your Speakers?

like a cellphone?

MegaGeek49

MegaGeek49

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
cellphone? no. but i do have a wireless mouse right next to them.

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
move them away from the speakers. sometimes the Wireless signals mess with the sound things.

MegaGeek49

MegaGeek49

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
wow its been about 5 hours now and my speakers haven't made a noise, dunno why though. maybe its not the speakers.. hmm

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
As I earlier suggested, you may want to unplug your speakers and try to determine exactly where the noise is coming from.

Ryuusei

Ryuusei

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi folks, apparently i had same issue too on my nvidia 680i mobo during startup on XP Pro. My laptop running on vista home premium is having the same issue as well. I wonder if it could be due to some spyware ?? I had constantly kept my mcafee up to date and scan my systems regularly... nothing was found... :)

Any suggestions ??
Thanks !

Ryuusei

Ryuusei

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi folks, the sound is actually from microsoft adveritisement, after i opened my mailbox from msn messenger !!

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured