Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Server 2003 -- can't see site it is hosting

• Please log in to reply

bswanboat

bswanboat

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I can see the website from another network but not from the one it is doing the hosting.
From computer A with an ip address of 75.105.160, I can connect to 12.147.122.14:8085.
From computer B with an ip address of 12.147.122.14, I cannot connect to 12.147.122.14:8085.
The message is taking too long to respond.
The net diag> connect iphost 12.147.122.14 8085 responds with [none].
It makes no difference if the firewall is on or off.

This did work on a Linksys router. The router I am now using is a Ruckus VF2825. The CEO of
the broadband wireless confirms the router is set up properly and is working properly. (He recommended replacing the
Linksys with the Ruckus).

Do you have any suggestions?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A lot of routers don't let you go out and come back in again to perform as they should. They're intelligent enough to know its one of the internal computers calling. Therefore while you're on that router you'll only get the site seen from any other computer.

bswanboat

bswanboat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neil, Thanks for the reply and information. Now it makes sense.

Bill