Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Solutions Center won't open in Vista

• Please log in to reply

retrac1324

retrac1324

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I recently installed the HP Software that came with my new Photosmart C6200. I am using Windows Vista Basic and if I attempt to open the HP Solutions Center, it will not launch. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and reinstalling it with different options selected. The software works perfectly on my two other PCs that are running Windows XP. Is there something I am doing incorrectly?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I checked online and the newest drivers they have are dated Jan. 2008. If they are newer than what you are using, then I would download and install the latest drivers.

IF you already have the latest drivers, the right click on "solutions center" and choose "run as admin" and see if that resolves the issue.

retrac1324

retrac1324

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

I checked online and the newest drivers they have are dated Jan. 2008. If they are newer than what you are using, then I would download and install the latest drivers.

IF you already have the latest drivers, the right click on "solutions center" and choose "run as admin" and see if that resolves the issue.

I have already tried the run as admin, but I have made a fix. I uninstalled all the HP programs, deleted the HP folders, then downloaded the "driver only" package from the HP website.

Thanks