Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express not opening Power Point files

• Please log in to reply

scomar

scomar

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I running Windows XP Pro and Outlook express for my e-mail. Until a few weeks ago I could get an e-mail with a power point (.pps) attached, click on the paper clip in the upper right hand corner of e-mail, then click click on the .pps file and it would open using power point view 2003. Now it tells me I do not have a program associated with this file, yet when I save the .pps to my desktop it opens just find from the desktop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the power point viewer 2003 and am still getting the same problem. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your solutions

Scomar

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello scomar,

See if the following suggestions help:
Can't open attached presentations from within Outlook Express after applying Windows XP SP2

Regards,

Ax

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts

Ax,

I went to the site that had the registry fix and that did the trick.

Thanks for your help

Scomar

No problem, glad I could help. :)