Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

about windows boot..

• Please log in to reply

y4891t

y4891t

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just wonder that is there any way to review an information window that showed even before windows starts to load. (like the one that shows you the options like safe boot etc. when windows couldn't load successfully last time) Is there any log file or something like that to view it again in Windows? (using windows xp professional sp2)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
An information windows that appears before Windows starts to load isn't going to be stored anywhere because there isn't anything to take a shot of it. If you want to see it again you'd have to start the computer again.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You can find pictures of those windows on the internet by doing a Google search. This one for instance shows the Windows Advanced Options Menu, where you can choose Safe Mode.

http://pcsupport.abo...afemodexp_2.htm

y4891t

y4891t

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks very much, maybe it's stupid but I was actually wondering if it's possible to know if an advanced menu screen did or did not appear. (If you missed it) But I assume it's not.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Yup, I missed that, sorry :)

As Neil said, no, there is no way to do this.