Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best Star Trek Ship-to-Ship Game

• Please log in to reply

Junkman

Junkman

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
What's the best Star Trek game, for detailed ship-to-ship combat? I'm looking for something that gives alot of control and options in controlling one ship, or maybe a small number of ships, as opposed to anything like Starcraft, Command And Conquer etc. Preferably something that allows design or at least some customisation for your ships, and maybe like power management and repairs etc. within a battle.
Is there anything like that available? I've looked at a few ST games but have never played any (that I can remember, anyway). I heard Legacy is supposed to be fairly bad, but if it matches what I'm looking for I may try it anyway. Newer and with decent graphics is preferable, but if I have to go with something a little older to get a good game then that's OK.
And finally, I'd prefer something from the ST universe, but if anyone knows of other games that fit what I'm asking for, go ahead and recommend it.

Advertisements

axesever

axesever

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
There is a Star Trek Armada series that is pretty good. It's a real time strategy, like Starcraft or C&C.

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Junkman,Legacy is your best choice for genuine ship to ship combat in the star trek universe.You can play in all eras of the series and do pretty much all of your requirements.

Outside the Star Trek universe check out "Babylon 5 I've found her" for a similar Game (free download)

Cheers H :)