Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mobo not detecting full Processor speed or the processor itself?

• Please log in to reply

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Hi all

I just received a pc from a friend (wannabe1 to be exact haha thanks man)

well I am experiencing a problem

When I put in my processor it's detecting it as a 1.19 ghz AMD athlon XP+. My processor is a AMD Semperon 2800+ and its clocked at 2.0ghz on my other Mobo..

This pc now has 1gb of ram and its clock speed is 133 mhz, i doubt thats good. lol

Well, my question is , how can I make the mobo detect the full 2.0 ghz and it be a AMD Semperon 2800+? Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Semprons run at 166Mhz Front Side Bus which may be the first solution. Change it in the BIOS or move appropriate jumpers depending on what type of board you have.
You may also need to flash the BIOS on the board before it'll know its a Sempron.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
I guess I could flash it. Im not good at that though, I do have a manual of it so I guess I'll try it.. wish me luck

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Alright I found the option where to change it to 166mhz which its now running at 2.0ghz just fine : ) but the ram clock speed is showing at 133 mhz when it should be 266 why is this?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
It could be it's RAM:FSB ratio. Check around for it and make the needed adjustments.