Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Installed New HSF, now everything died

• Please log in to reply

Frustrated05

Frustrated05

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
hi i just bought and installed the Tuniq Tower 120 HSF, before that i was using the one that came with my processor which was the tool less peg kind. after about a month it was falling out and my PC was turning off randomly. Now with the Tuniq, all the lights flash and it makes the regular startup noises but then it will either
A.) Turn off after 10 seconds, nothing showing up on monitor, or
B.) Lights and fans will turn for bout 1/2 a second instead of just dying and resume, flashing about every10 seconds
it was running perfectly before while the old HSF was still in, i am 99.9999% sure all my wiring is correct, there should be no problem yet there is one
help is appreciated

Advertisements

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Hi.. please don't be so frustrated :)

Some quick questions.. Do you 100% sure that you have installed the Tuniq Tower correctly?

Do you apply enough thermalpaste between your processor and your heatsink?

Do you use any fan on the heatsink?

As actually Tuniq Tower is one of the best aircooling available in market..

And most of the time, a oc will shutdown on itself due to overheating...

You may want to re-seat the Tuniq Tower properly :)

Frustrated05

Frustrated05

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
my computer is not OC, i am sure that the Tuniq is seated properly, matches installation pics / guides ive seen, there is a fan but its inside the Tuniq (new model includes a fan), i used the entire small tube of thermal paste included, if maybe one end of the Tuniq should be facing a different direction, would it affect the cooling?

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
how big is said tube of thermal paste?

because if it's as big as i imagine it, you may have used TOO MUCH.

your only supposed to use the equivalent of a big rice grain.

try to map out the airflow in your case if you have exhausts in the back of your case, then make sure your tuniq's fan is blowing in that direction. or else it will create a vacuum O.o

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Hi.. actually I was meant to type comp and not oc.. haha.. typo :)

It's ok if you use stock thermalpaste provide by Tuniq.. but you dont have to use it all.. half of it are more than enough.. :)

but since you mentioned you use all of it, is there by any chance the thermalpaste might leach out off your processor into motherboard??

Tuniq should be good wether you mount it vertically or horizontally but that much depends on your motherboard.. since Tuniq is such a HUGE cooler :)

As for your problem, if you are sure that you have done everything right, then I have no idea what might happen.. Do you hear any beep sounds when you start your pc?? :)

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
It's also possible that the processor has died.... there is suppose to be thermal protection but that isn't 100% and your processor may have burned out....