Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need to setup network

• Please log in to reply

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
im setting up a small wireless network at home (conisisting of my computer and my dads new office computer in our garage/office)

we're using a device called 'SIS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adaptor" my dads computer has it plugged into the network port of his motherboard and mine is plugged into my cable modem which is plugged into my computer through a usb

ive set up both the devices but cant get the computers to connect, ive used the wirelss network connection provided by windows and had it installed on to a floppy, but when i put the disk into another computer it says that software needed to use the network isnt properly installed but ive checked and everything is installed

can anyone tell me how i get the two computers to connect to each other?

Advertisements

BTPH

BTPH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
http://www.satotech....orking_list.htm
my device is the third one from the top, or the second one under homeplug