Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wierd CD RW Drive Problem

• Please log in to reply

67GT500

67GT500

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My CD Drive seems to be completely functional. I can insert game disks like Civ 2, Civ 3, My ATI installation CD, Galactic Civilizations etc and the disks Auto Read almost instantly. I recently bought UBISoft Silent Hunter, Lucas Arts Stars Wars Empire at War and another one and they won't even be recognized. I click on the CD icon and nothing comes up. When I insert the disks, it seems the drive attempts to read it but, nothing. The drive is a Lite-On LTR-52327S DVD/CD combo drive. Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm running XP
I updated the firmware last night also....no joy

Edited by 67GT500, 19 February 2008 - 10:43 AM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well it could be that the disks you got are bad, or maybe your cdrw is starting to go or is dirty.....

67GT500

67GT500

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah, I thought about that but the others CD's shouldn't work either. I have enough other issues with the box that I think I am just going to go with a new machine. Thanks!

67GT500

67GT500

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Doh!Now, here I am. I'm a fairly computer competent dude. Not in-depth technical, so much, but compeptent. Looked again at the packaging for these games again and......

they are DVD-ROM and my drive is...........duh..........CD/RW!!! Yep!......Mr. Former Marine, Joe Cool, object of women's lust from bars all over Southern Illinois and .................................

I R n Idjit............

Thanks all!!!

I must increase my geek quoient