Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloads and IE

• Please log in to reply

Tazz1037

Tazz1037

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have three questions.

1) When I am running IE, all of a sudden it stops working. I click links and it won't open a new page or go to them on the same page. If I have multiple windows (different IE pages) open and close all but one, the links still won't work. I also noticed two things: first being I can't right click and get the menu to appear (like to right click to be able to save a file) and when I close out all IE windows, I can't reopen the program, at which point I go to the task manager and it shows IE running there, with it using a HUGE amount of memory. If I end task, everything goes back to normal, until it decides to start this bug over again. Anyone know how to fix it?

2) Anyone know how to make it so that when downloading a meia file (like windows media player video/sound clip) it does not have to be saved first, then opened? I remember I used to download these and it gave me three options: Save, Open or Cancel. Now it only gives me Save or Cancel.

3) Lastly, everytime I open a new IE window (to run multiple pages after clicking a new link), the new page is always a small window instead of being a full page. I have to click the maximize buttton or double click the title bar to get it full screen. Not a big deal, but one of the small anoyances. Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks.....you all are great!!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi Tazz.

Are you running IE6 or IE7?

For IE7, open Tools and chose the reset option. This will restore IE7 to it's installed state.

See here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

For IE6, click on Tools then Manage Addons. Disable all of them and see what happens. If better, re-enable them a few at a time until you find the culprit.