Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstall Issue

• Please log in to reply

Jerico

Jerico

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I cant Completly uninstall programs from my computer. I used the uninstall on the programs, Add/remove programs, and manually click drag from Program Files. I get all files could not be deleted it needs to be done manually or unable to delete its being used by another program but its not running and as far as I know.

Edited by Jerico, 19 February 2008 - 12:01 PM.

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Try booting up in safe mode,

press ctrl+alt+delete and look under the processes tab and see if any of the programs you want to uninstall are listed there, and end its process.

Then attempt to uninstall them through Add/Remove programs.

What are the programs you are trying to uninstall?

EDIT: If the above doesn't work... I looked through some of your other threads and this one has you posting a HJT log in the malware form with a similar issue that wasn't resolved, if so I recommend returning to the malware fourm and having a Hijack This log checked by an expert there.

Edited by Suerte, 19 February 2008 - 12:47 PM.

Jerico

Jerico

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Going into safe mode solved my problem. All the files are gone now. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
No worrys glad to help :)