Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Only Windows Media Audio/Video file?

• Please log in to reply

Murchada

Murchada

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok here is my problem

Any time I try to open any video format, in any type of media player, (wmp Quicktime, WinDVD, Creative Media Center, Ext) windows will give the error message Windows Media Player has encounter a problem and needs to close, or what ever program I happen to have the problem in, It gives a Data Error Report, but no specific Error code What do I do, her is the data report

Error Signature
AppName: wmplayer.exe AppVer: 11.0.5721.51.45 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000

It also Generates a TXT file with all of the technical Data, but no matter what I use to open a file that is not a WMV file, this is the error I get, and the tech info looks exactly the same.

anyway I appreciate any help I can get on the subject

M

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
There are numerous possibilites for this scenario. It may depend strongly on where you download the file, what specifically you download it as, the current hardware installed on the system, etc.