Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Difference in Nvidia Manufactures?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Is there really a difference between (the below) if they are all powered by nvidia? If so could you explain?

asus
bfg
evga
foxconn
galaxy
gigabit
ms
ocz
paliti
pny
zotec

Thanks.
David

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
If the card is built on the NVIDIA reference design, the main differences are the warranty policy and customer support. Also, a few have special programs, like EVGA's Step-Up program.

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
like Stetty said. there is no difference in t he cards. They are all based on Nvidia's design. The only difference is the Cost, Warranty, and Support.

Some companies have really crappy customer support while others have great support. so they charge more.

same if there is a warranty. All major companies have lifetime warranties. I think (eVGA does)

It's all depends on personal preference.

Edited by Rocknrollcows, 19 February 2008 - 07:38 PM.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks both of you for your input. It will make my decision making alot easier now that i understand the difference (or lack there of)

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
oh, and when choosing cards. please don't buy a stock overclocked card. its just a market scheme to get money from people who don't know how to OC on their own.

for example, my 8800gt had a "superclocked edition" which basically just had it's bios flashed. and then they OCed it to some stats..

and it cost $30 more..

I bought the normal version, and took it home, and in less than 5 min, i had better clocks then it.

just a thought.