Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

WinAnonymous? Adware problem- hijackthis log included [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ace Brown

Ace Brown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I meant qula.dll, not qual. Sorry :)

I removed combofix and the other components. I also removed Kaspersky, and installed (and am running) AVG virus scan. Should i remove hijackthis?

in my "program files" folder the first two folders i have no idea what they are for. Any thoughts on that?

they are : 4b005c8097d77de22447cd62 and 7a20aa329b45f297c043ea

The last one contains a .txt document that contains information i have no clue about. The first file i'm assuming is from a service pack update or something?

Please excuse my ignorance also, but how do I:
-Hide file extensions, if required.
-Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
-Clean System Restore points.

You've been a great help so far, i know you hear that a lot, but i do thank you for your time

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Although that file qula.dll was malware and was present the vundo had the most files and can do the most damage.
But all is gone now.

The two folders you mentioned are both part of Microsoft updates.

Please excuse my ignorance also, but how do I:
-Hide file extensions, if required.
-Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
-Clean System Restore points.

Those things are done when you uninstall combofix.
You can now remove Hijackthis as well.

So you are good to go.

You've been a great help so far, i know you hear that a lot, but i do thank you for your time

You are certainly welcome glad to help and thanks :)

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.