Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sim City Societies crashing

• Please log in to reply

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Hi i bought the new Sim City Societies, i have the right computer specs and that for it, i get into the menu but just after it is loaded i see blue where there is ment to be terrain and then it crashes :S. So i think its something to do with the video card.

edit -
I just updated my grapics card, its still doing the same thing but this time it come up with this error message

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process ID = 0x790 (1936), Thread ID = 0x508 (1288)
Click ok to terminate the application
Click cancel to debug the application

I clicked cancel to try and debug but it just took me to the send error report screen.

Attached Files

Edited by dudeja, 19 February 2008 - 05:23 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
looks like there are some game updates available. I would try that. Other than that, I checked the SCS forums and didn't find much in the way of help or solutions.

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
yeah ive tryed updating it i forgot to add i done that. Anyone else got any idea what could be the problem.

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Ok ... i found a way i can play it ... just go on to a differnt user account :S some reason dont like mine :S