Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Choosing a External Hard Drive Enclosure

• Please log in to reply

Elementzz

Elementzz

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have a Fujitsu MHV2060AH and I need to get an external enclosure for it, but I have no clue what to look for. I know that I need a 2.5" case but do I need to spend 50 dollars on something when 15 would get me basically the same thing?

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Here is a list of enclosures for less than $10.
Newegg.com
Now I would always read the comments before selecting one, but its mainly personal preference. Find one you like for your price, I listed them from lowest price first.

Either way they all should work for you.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS look for one that has an external power source instead of just running off the USB power.....the voltage supplied by USB is not always adequate for intensive read/write procedures on hard drives....especially SATA drives..

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS look for one that has an external power source instead of just running off the USB power.....the voltage supplied by USB is not always adequate for intensive read/write procedures on hard drives....especially SATA drives..

Yeeaahhhh Im sorry but dsenette is 110% right on that one :)

Elementzz

Elementzz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
The Fujitsu hard drive is ATA so I would have to get a IDE enclosure? Or would either work.

Edited by Elementzz, 20 February 2008 - 07:14 PM.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Here is an image of a IDE drive. If thats what yours looks like then yes you need an IDE drive. If it looks different like this image than you need a SATA case.

ford123

ford123

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Spam removed. Dink banned.