Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Suggestions on how to connect to xbox live for 360

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am new here and I am having a bit of trouble trying to figure out a way to connect my Xbox 360 to Xbox Live.

I tried connecting the 360 to a laptop with the ethernet cable that came with the 360. The Network Adapter came through but when it got to verifying the IP Address, it failed. I looked around online and found that I should open properties on the network and allow the network to be shared. I did that and the IP Address step failed.

I am at the point where I just need a suggestion.

We have a desktop computer in the kitchen which is connected to a router that provides wireless access for the laptop that can be used anywhere in the house.

My Xbox 360 is located in my room, separate from the desktop computer and the wireless router.

I have found several ways in which to connect but I just need the best way for my situation. I have seen Netgear Powerline wireless adapters used to extend the range of the wireless router. I've also seen just the plain xbox 360 wireless adapter.

Should I just purchase the xbox 360 wireless adapter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...ial-t98770.html give that a read