Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bootcd for SATA drive

• Please log in to reply

ynape

ynape

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Can anyone assit? I need to make a bootcd and have been told it is different for the SATA drive -
We have replaced the Hdd in my Gateway laptop and can't get it to boot with my regular bootcd's that I have used before on other computers with IDE drives. Any and all Comments, suggestions. etc, are welcome.
I realize more info is likely needed here, but rather than running on without knowing what is pertinent, I will wait for your inquiries. Ask away, please. Thanks in advance. - ynape
I wasn't sure where to place this post, Hardware, OpSys, or ??? so please redirect me if this is not appropriately placed. thx

Advertisements

ynape

ynape

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Well I guess the joke is on me [not really because I read many similar type posts re SATA drives prior to posting my inquiry and related what I read to my other 'friends'] anyway I have been told my problem is no longer a problem ...... and I believe but have been yet to be told, that the issue was not how a bootablecd was created, but rather a settings issue [like I kept reading ;p, :) ] so thanks again for being here - and thanks frantique for placing me where I belonged, a true friend will always help with that! eheheheheh... - ynape