Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Taskbar Problems

• Please log in to reply

cigos

cigos

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Good Day Friends,
My problems are small but irritating. I have been updating and improving my task bar and have now found the bar is twice the width I require but it will not respond to resizing. My books tell me to catch the top line with the arrow handles and pull down to the requisite size. However, the bar refuses to move. It is not locked. I do use the 'links' and 'addresses' and have a fair number of items in the right hand end, but not enough to need a double bar'

Whilst here on this excellent site I would like to deal with another small problem. The date under the clock has always been in a foreign language and I wonder if you can indicate how I can deal with this, and, maybe any future needs I may have with changing a language.

These tiny problems are, without doubt, idiotically simple to many out there and I look forward myself to learning a little more.

Aged, but always eager, Cigos

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The taskbar problem has puzzled me a couple of times and in my case it was because the two separator-lines at each side of the quick-launch toolbar (which are only visible when the bar is unlocked) had somehow become placed one above the other which is why the taskbar refuses to be dragged to it's narrow, single-row setting. I cured it by dragging the lower one of the separators upwards and to the right, or you can drag the upper separator down and to the right, which then places those two separators in the same row, allowing you to drag the taskbar down to it's standard (narrow) size.

For the date problem you need to open Control Panel (switch it to classic view), the click "Regional & Language Options".

Under the "Regional Options" tab, select your country from the drop-down list at the top, then click 'OK'
However, if you manage to get your taskbar problem sorted as per my guidelines, and you keep it set to it's standard (narrow) size, the day/date won't be shown under the clock anyway since there's no room for it. The taskbar has to be double-height if you want it to show the day/date.

Edited by pip22, 20 February 2008 - 08:29 AM.

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Pip,
You are a kernel! Thanks for the solution. It is now recorded in my book of words, lest I forget.

Yours Sincerely, Cigos