Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound Problem

• Please log in to reply

keykay812

keykay812

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I need some help with my sound. I have none. I updated the drivers from eMachine's site. The yellow "!" are gone now, but I still have no sound.

Thanks,
Tammy

Advertisements

Sarah Jane Smith

Sarah Jane Smith

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
First, Check the obvious things. Is the cable plugged into to the right jack in the back of your computer? Try the other 2 holes. Is the volume turned up? Click the little speaker icon in the right-hand corner of your desktop and make sure the mute button is not checked. If all else fails, buy a cheap sound card and put it in the PCI slot of your computer. I have an emachines and for some reason I couldn't get the onboard sound on mine to work. Once I put in a sound card, the sound worked perfectly. A good place to buy one is Newegg.com or Pricegrabber. Good luck. --Sarah Jane Smith

keykay812

keykay812

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you Sarah Jane Smith. I did all that you said to do and all seems to be fine. I will try the cheap soundcard next.
Again Thanks,
Tammy