Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VISTA Upgrade?

• Please log in to reply

adqjohn

adqjohn

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Here's a nice general question for you all. I have always been told to avoid OS upgrades. I'll admit that I wasn't completely satisfied with a XP Home upgrade that I did to my Win ME (a long time ago on a tiny Gateway), but I blamed that on ME. Thinking back now, it was probably a lack of RAM.

I actually like my Vista Business (full version) on my laptop, but I'm wondering about the performance of a VISTA Home Premium upgrade to an XP Med. Center (not mine). The computer is more than capable. Some of you must have tried one. Any known issues? Lemme know what you think. THANX

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
My computer is an upgrade from XP home to Vista home premium.
It works great. I can actualy use some programs that my wife's full version can not. Yet I have full function of Vista.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Main thing to think about when you upgrade:
If the Windows you use now has "issues", then upgrading it will probably not fix those issues. It may make them worse.