Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems with Zone Alarm

• Please log in to reply

Junmar74

Junmar74

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I recently installed Zone alarm to my PC as an added protection against malware. However, in the last few days, I have been receiving error prompts saying that TrueVector encountered an error and needs to shut down. My computer does not reboot but the ZA icon turns into an "X". After a short while, it is able to recover and is up and running again. This happens at least once per session. How can I fix this problem?

Also, ever since I installed ZA, my startup time has become dramatically longer. I have configured my start-up so that only 4 programs will load and it usually takes around 30 seconds. Now it takes like 2 minutes. IS there a way to make the start-up time shorter?

Junmar 74

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Junmar74,

The True Vector service is a part of Zone Alarm. Could you try completely uninstalling and reinstalling Zone Alarm to see if that makes a difference.

Ax

Junmar74

Junmar74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi Ax238,

THe other day, i tried checking for product updates. After installing the update, i noticed that my startup time was shorter and I haven't received any error reports in two sessions. I hope this continues for good. If the problem comes back again, I will try your suggestion.

Junmar74

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) Glad to hear it's working better for you.