Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

YAHOOOOOO

• Please log in to reply

RobotCody

RobotCody

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Heres the problem. I was typing in another program, yahoo booted up while i was talking, I dont remember what letters I hit but shortly after Yahoo shut down and everytime i reopen it immediately shuts down once more...

Any thoughts?

Advertisements

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Hi RobotCody,

There is a very good possibility that your machine might have been infected. Abnormal activity should be looked into.
Take a read here:
http://www.geekstogo...rials-f121.html

If you are unsure after reading that information request help:
http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

Good luck :)

Harry

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
what do you mean "yahoo booted up "

RobotCody

RobotCody

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I started yahoo up, then i switch to a different chat program, while i was typing in that chat program yahoo finally booted up and theni kept hitting keys not realizing yahoo was booted up, soon after realizing i was hitting letter keyes while yahoo was what was selected it shut down and now it wont start back up....

RobotCody

RobotCody

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Im still having problems with this issue. Can anyone help me? I did post a hijackthis log.

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Hey RobotCody,
Please be patient, it gets really busy in this site. Do not bump or reply in your malware request, it just get you sent to the bottom of the list. If you do not get a reply in the malware section in three days post in the waiting room.

Harry