Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Notification Bug?

• Please log in to reply

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there, I'm not too sure if this goes here, but...

Ever since I have been re-admitted to Tech Academy, my view of the Geeks to Go webpage has changed. I no longer have the "My Topics" button next to "My Controls", could I please have that back? I know it's only two clicks instead of one, but because of the times to load each page, it would save me some more time.

And also, the "My Topics" page sometimes gives me no notification that a new post has been made. This is random, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I do not opt to receive an e-mail everytime somebody posts in a thread to which I am subscribed, so the first thing I do when I log in is visit My Topics. I normally can tell when I need to read a thread because the folder is brightly coloured; a dull-coloured folder means no new replies since the last time I visited the thread. Yesterday I found a thread that had a number of replies, but I had not visited (because of this notification error) and was unable to help in a more timely fashion.

Any ideas what's going on? Is this possibly related to the e-mail notification problems reported recently?

Thanks

Troy

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I don't know about the lack of notification, but I do believe the My Topics button is only for regular members, and once you become a trainee or staff member, it goes away.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
I do not have a "My topics" button.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
"My Topics" is for new members, and members. You're supposed to know where to find them. :)

Regarding the new topic notifications, and folders changing colors this is a known bug in the forum software. It's persisted in the last couple patches, but is supposed to be fixed in the next update.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Thanks Admin.

So if it keeps telling me there's something new to read (when there's not), this would also form part of the bug?

It's very annoying! :)

Cheers

Troy