Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

xp service update 2 not installing

• Please log in to reply

kkrkeith7

kkrkeith7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i tried to install itunes for my ipod and error 1406 and 1402 came up, so i tried to update my windows with sp2 and it gets half way through and stops and says could not install, do not have access. i am the only administrator on the computer. My main goal is to be able to install itunes, but it wont let me. any ideas? thanks in advance.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
certain spyware programs will prevent sp2 from installing, so before we get too complicated, follow the link in my signature and follow the instructions posted at the top of the forum