Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DVD-RW Drive

• Please log in to reply

Sharon R

Sharon R

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have a DVD-RD drive. I recently order Art explosion 7 from Nova Development. When trying to install the program nothing comes up. I double clicked the DVD drive but it is blank, nothing at all shows up. Went to run typed in the drive-E:setup, same problem tells me to put the dvd in the drive. Now I had a freiend check the DVD out on his computer and the installation came right up and installed the entire program. Talk with Tech support, they sent another DVD, same thing shows nothing. My computer is Windows xp sp2, Media Center Edition. Any help on what to do will be appreciated.
Thank You,
Sharon R

Advertisements

CBHedricks

CBHedricks

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I would suspect that if this is the only disc that you cannot work with you may be needing to update the DVD drive's firmware or driver to pick up on functionality updates and support for new media types. If can load the disc into a different computer you may want to see if the disc is a Dual Layer DVD as well. Some regular DVD drives have issues with Dual Layer media and will not read them.

Again this would point to checking for driver/firmware updates for your particular drive. Additionally if you can provide more detail on the system itself such as Brand, Model, and Part Numbers I could be more specific with what driver/firmware to look for.

Good luck.

CB

Edited by CBHedricks, 21 February 2008 - 11:02 AM.

Sharon R

Sharon R

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
The computer is HP 1540n

DVDRRW HL-DT-ST GSA-H21L

CBHedricks

CBHedricks

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Check your PM - I have linked to HP's site for the files / firmware / drivers that may be the answer for you.

Good Luck.

CB

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
CB, could you post those links in this thread so others can benefit from them?
Thanks!