Cannot boot windows...need help saving computer
Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:27 PM
Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:37 PM
It may be that your hard drive has failed.
Do you have the XP CD?
If so lets try running check disk.
How to run checkdisk from recovery console (Windows xp). (Courtesy dsenette)
- Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
Note:Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so.
- When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
Note:If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
- When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
- At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following then press Enter:
- Allow this to run UNDISTURBED until completed (45 min or so)
- Report any errors
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users