Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

odd firewall issue

• Please log in to reply

Dude1609

Dude1609

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well I just restored my pc to Jan. 2nd because of instability resulting from god knows what...I got one blue screen with this BAD_POOL_CALLER error, then after something with my internet connection was not working right weather it be the drivers or the lan card I do not know, when clicking the diagnose problems button on IE error page, I would get another blue screen error mentionning inspect.sys, I got this one several times so I tried safemode and could only go online when in safemode +networking. So from safemode I scanned with every antivirus,antimal/spyware I could find (including online scanners). None of them found anything so I turned to system restore and here I am now.

So far everythings seems fine and smooth (no more blue screens, can go online in normal mode again). But I was just checking windows security center to make sure windows firewall was off, which it was, and noticed in the firewall tab it says: "Note: two or more firewalls running at the same time can conflict with each other". I figured that's not right, so I disabled sunbelt personal firewall for a second and the message switched itself to : "Zone alarm firewall is currently on." Yet I uninstalled Zone alarm quite some time ago as I wanted to try a different free firewall. Is it possible that zone alarm has left some traces making windows believe it is still here and activated...?

I'm a bit confused here, so any help/input/advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! Sorry if this is not in the right forum section, I couldn't find any 'general' forum or one that contained specific firewall topics, so feel free to move it to the appropriate forum.

(please ignore the date I mention in the post, this was originally written a while ago on another forum but I've just copied it over to here because I was not getting any responses.)

Edited by Dude1609, 21 February 2008 - 02:52 PM.

Advertisements