Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keyboard not functioning properly

• Please log in to reply

Shayer

Shayer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Asking a question for a friend:

'i'm using the on screen keyboard right now....

anyway, last night my cat was on my laptop's keyboard, pressed a whole bunch of crap, and now it does random crap. a turns on caps, g and h work but lso toggle scroll lock, the f4 keyis a macro for typing c3e, and in general every key does everything but type....

space bar types this...

, /., /., /MZ< ?>

i tried a system restore, language check [not layout don't know how] and uninstalled/reinsalled drivers....

help please?'

Note sure what his operating system is or whether its a laptop or a PC. I'll ask him when he comes online. Please let me know if more info is needed, I'll get it from him. Thanks.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Stuck keys?
Or failing that, just buy a new cheap and cheerful external keyboard. Possible that the keyboard matrix under the keyboard has been damaged.
You might want to discourage the cat from typing on the computer as well. :)