Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Crysis plays, but graphics are corrupt.

• Please log in to reply

Dreylivude

Dreylivude

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I know you're all probably sick of the Crysis computer questions out there, but here's another.

I installed Crysis, which went fine. It started up ok, and I kept the settings all on low just for a test run. When the game actually started the graphics were all screwed up. Everything was very dark, I was getting weird lined squares, and it seemed like a lot of textures and shaders were missing. For example, when you're inside the plane and the two guys are talking, (very beginning of the game) all I can see are the red lights from their suits and the blue lights inside the plane, that's it.

I'm running a PC With:

Windows XP Pro w/sp2
2 gb ram
ATI Radeon x800 256mb
Intel Core 2 duo processor.

I tried a hotfix for the x800 I found, updating the display drivers, and patching the game to 1.1 but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated, and if you need more information on my system, please ask.

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
I think your video card might need a little more juice but try and reinstall the whole game. I had to also. Crysis is a little rough. Also install the patches.

Dreylivude

Dreylivude

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Yeah, I'll give a reinstall a go and see. In the mean time my friend found this video on youtube of exactly what mine looks like, might help in figuring out a solution, and I did try somethings mentioned in the youtube comments, to no avail.