Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Hosts Files? Cant sign in my account

• Please log in to reply

BooBooThePimp

BooBooThePimp

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi my msn account is acting funny when i try to sign in it says:
Error Code:81000306
then i try to trouble shoot it and test results come up Hosts Files it says
Your Hosts File Contains Windows Live Related Entries Wich May Interfere With Name Resolution.
And i try to click repair and it askes if i would like messenger to clean up my hosts files i say yes then it immediately closes and tries to sign me back in but same thing keeps happening..it appears its not able to fix it
This Problem occured after i found 2 Trojan viruses on my computer (TR/Dldr.Codec.E.23) i moved them to quarintine then removed them. the virus kept trying to get put on my computer but my anti-virus notified me. it hasnt tried to come back. Any ideas on how i can fix this im almost ready to bring my computer in to get it fixed by my computer guy...maybe re-install windows or something. Thanks for any info.

Advertisements

BooBooThePimp

BooBooThePimp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Account started working out of nowhere.. i was looking around on the net and found some host files to add to the msn file and somehow maybe it worked not quite sure what went on but its working now.. i hope it keeps working.

PsYcHo_CaZzA

PsYcHo_CaZzA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi im a newbie here but im having the same problem.

How do i fix this because i find it damnn frustrating?