Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard & DSL

• Please log in to reply

jacqry

jacqry

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently installed DSL. Now after a couple hours of non-use the keyboard does not function. Everything else works, I just cannot type unless I restart. Before DSL, I could leave the computer on for 3-4 days before the keyboard became useless. I have XP on a Compaq desktop. Restarting so often is annoying--any suggestions?

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi, welcome to geekstogo, not quite clear a bit more info please, are you on dual boot meaning that it is only under Dam Small linux that the problem happens(pointing to the use of the wrong distro for the hardware), or is it happening under XP too(pointing to hardware)

OK, the poster has replied below, and the DSL in this case in not Dam Small Linux which too is called DSL, all clear now

Edited by fleamailman, 22 February 2008 - 11:47 AM.

jacqry

jacqry

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It appears that I received an answer to my post, but the answer was about Linux--not my question.

Repeating my problem:

I recently installed DSL. Now after a couple hours of non-use the keyboard does not function. Everything else works, I just cannot type unless I restart. Before DSL, I could leave the computer on for 3-4 days before the keyboard became useless. I have XP on a Compaq desktop. Restarting so often is annoying--any suggestions?

Thanks