Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan horse PSW.Delf.2.AQ [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Hello

Delete all the tools that we used, and their folders.

You can keep MBAM though if you wish.

You can reactivate AVG now as well.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Advertisements

Infotec123

Infotec123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello. Could I update you on the condition of the PC. When I re-activated AVG Antivirus I had the following notification and two infections detected. The two infections were deleted by AVG.
File Infection Location
(Notification) hosts Change Changed
lhggbjfy.dat Trojan horse Agent.2.AF D:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\lhggbjfy.dat Deleted
0hct8ybw.bat Virus identified Worm/AutoRun.Y E:\0hct8ybw.bat Deleted

However, now I cannot Turn Off the computer from the Start button, and not even by ctrl-alt-del, or by pressing the power button for a few seconds. Every time I click the Turn Off button I get the 'sand clock' displayed for a long time, and everything goes on hang. I have to physically remove the power from the machine to turn it off. Is this related to the infection?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
These are related to the tools we ran

lhggbjfy.dat Trojan horse Agent.2.AF D:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\lhggbjfy.dat Deleted
0hct8ybw.bat Virus identified Worm/AutoRun.Y E:\0hct8ybw.bat Deleted

For your shut down problem, I don't think that is related to malware. You would be better off posting in the Windows XP forum about that. Tell them I sent you.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.