Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Videos take forever to buffer.

• Please log in to reply

SerialBox

SerialBox

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Probably 90% of what I do on the computer is watch videos. Without videos working properly, I have nothing.

About last week, I noticed that videos basically stopped working. I would have to wait for a period of time to let it buffer, and then watch it. Which I never had to do before. 45 second videos, take atleast two minutes to buffer before I can watch. You can do the math for longer videos.

I even reset my computer back to factory settings in hopes of fixing the problem. But ofcouse, it doesn't work. Now, they just take longer. And I lost everthing.('Would' have been worth it if it fixed the problem)

Please, any ideas on what it could be? I was almost positive setting it back to factory settings would have fixed this.

Advertisements

runny21

runny21

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Are you talking about watching/buffering of videos in a webbrowser? like firefox etc..

TzzMeister

TzzMeister

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Which browser do you own?? Is long buffering showed up on youtube, metacafe and google videos.??

Edited by TzzMeister, 29 April 2009 - 02:22 AM.